So, the final project is over, and it's time to get into the references I used for this project!
1.
First off, one of the characters in my project is a Maned wolf, which is a pretty rare animal to see. Being so rare in this area, I needed to see a picture that I could base my design on, as well as understanding the long legs on this animal.
2.
Speaking of those long legs, I needed this chart to see just how much height they added to a Maned wolf, and as you can see, it adds up to a surprising amount. Really, I did scale it down quite a bit so the two characters didn't have strange proportions when next to each other, but some surprising information on these animals.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVdNmiPkuAI
3.
This video is a video I used to get a feel of these animals, from their movements to their interactions. I would have preferred a clip of them in the wild, but the one I found didn't keep it's focus on the Maned wolf, so I unfortunately couldn't use it in this situation.
4.
Now for an animal I have more general knowledge. I did find that foxes really have many different patterns, even if it's the same type of fox, and I really didn't feel like I looked enough. The design in my animation is a pretty standard design, but if I had to change the design, I would take more into consideration.
5.
You'll see in my animation, I attempt to do the signature kind of fox jump during the fleeing scene, and it didn't turn out how I wanted. While looking for general fox references, I kept seeing pictures like this, so I tried my best with it.

No comments:
Post a Comment