Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Final Analysis/Reflection

     My idea for the final project was about two foxes, one being a maned wolf and the other being a red fox, coming across a camp site on their journey to find a place of their own. The maned wolf really wants to investigate the area, while the red fox cautions her friend about the possible danger. They end up deciding to take a quick look, with some struggle for the red wolf, and come across a camp fire. After hearing rustling from some nearby bushes, the two retreat hastily. After they run off, a dog emerges from the bushes, curiously sniffing around before seeing the two foxes in the distance. I interpreted the prompt like this due to the way animals behave and think around human areas.
   
     While animating this project, I used a multitude of animation principles to add detail. First off, I used anticipation during the part where they hear the rustling in the bushes, as well as before they jump down the cliff. Secondly, I used secondary action when it came to where they ran away from the rustling between the run and tail movements, and when they should have talked they had added tail movements. The use of pacing in this project is to create a silly story feel, then cause a bit of doubt turning a tense moment of the bushes, before resolving the tension in an understandable way. The use of multiple camera angles also sets up the scenes involved in the story.
   
      The parts that worked really well for this project mostly came down to me. Unlike other projects, I was more open to the use of references from books to the internet to get tips on different aspects. The walks cycle was something I really was proud of in this project, as well as I think I was able to convey the characters through their actions and expressions. The use of camera angles was something I was proud of as well.

      The parts I struggled with also came down to me. I held off to long on voices and as such there is no lip-sync in the final video, though I don't know how well it would have came out if it had been in there. On the worse days, I would forget some design details and would have to go back and add them, causing them to "grow" as they go on.

      Overall, this project was pretty interesting with it's premise and I did like that everyone can have a different vision of the script and create different stories. My strategy was to get the animation done first incase changes happened, then to go back and add detail in the background, which unfortunately didn't happen as much as I wanted it to. This also expanded to the voice work, so that is not present at the current time I had to turn it in, and will be something I add for my revision.            
       

No comments:

Post a Comment