While I do not plan on seeing this movie, mostly I've been ranting about it, I can not deny how great the animal characters look. The technique used in making these realistic animals is even more impressive.
First off, the way they made the lipsync for the animals look natural and how to match the only live action element to the animated elements. Using many methods of natural facial actions seen it real life animals, they integrated these actions into the faces to make them seem more natural. With the integration of the animated elements with the live action actor, they used puppet stand ins for the actor to interact with, and then animated over the puppets in the final production. On top of this, the actual actors were involved in the motion capture portion of the film to build the world around them. To give the final touches to the animation, they used a special game engine for the texture, as well as a special program for the lighting.
The amount of work and effort put into the film is truly admirable, and as far as the visual go, the movie looks amazing. Now if only the changes didn't bother me so much, then I would watch this film, but don't let that stop you if you don't mind the changes!
I'm not crazy determined to see this movie either. In fact, I'm usually not even looking to see movies for their stories anymore, just to watch the technicality of their animations. What has this class done to me?
ReplyDelete