Thursday, September 24, 2015

The Evolution of an Artist

This article was a particularly interesting article, as it was a part of an interview with Chuck Jones, the animator for many Looney Toons short cartoons over the years. This ended up showing many interesting things that go into animation, from character development, to the expressions they have, to the gags that make us laugh. The key to making a beloved and memorable character is seeming lake you understand what they want, and Looney Toons is one of the first examples I personally think of for this concept. The talk about the facial expressions and how sometimes less is more is particularly interesting, and the examples they showed really hammered that point home. The last part about studying real life is also really interesting because normally you wouldn't think real life would be an important thing to take into consideration, but in reality it could be your greatest inspiration.    

3 comments:

  1. You make an interesting point. I guess you can't escape from reality. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make an interesting point. I guess you can't escape from reality. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete