I've been interested in this movie since hearing about it and seeing the first trailer. The movie looked amazing in the concept and the animation, so getting an article about it was very interesting.
Now, with the animation, I noticed the details with the fur and wondered just how much the studio had to do to be able to make the movie. With this detail, it wouldn't be a major thing if only one character, but this is a movie full of animals with different types of fur. So it wasn't surprising that Disney had to create a new animation program to be able to step up to what they needed. After all, they've never had this amount of detail in just hair alone, and you still have to consider lighting and muscles. The lighting is another aspect the was redone to fit with this amount of fur on all these animals. With these aspects, the characters look almost real and natural due to these extra details.
This is proof that animation is pushing technology everyday, and needs to create new software to advance the possibility and push the boundaries of what we thought was previously possible. I can't wait to see what they can do with what they have, and how they will advance this medium farther down the line.
And the enhancement of technology will never end, which is the scary thought. Just imagine what will animation will look like in the next century? I'm getting goosebumps from thinking about it. ^.^
ReplyDelete